Pages

Saturday 3 May 2014

Royal Artillery Attestation Papers (1883 – 1942)

A few days ago, FindmyPast announced that they had released as part of their 100 record sets in 100 days the Royal Artillery Attestation Papers (1883 – 1942).

I already have my Grandfather’s military record which I ordered from Veteran Affairs back in 2008. The day it arrived I was away and Mum was as excited as I was to see what the record said.

This morning I went to the search facility and inserted my Grandfather’s name along with his year of birth (1908) and his service number which I knew from his military pay book. I hit search. Then, up popped a reference.

Courtesy of FindMyPast

I was surprised as usually anything in more recent times is withheld, but sure enough it was a document relating to my Grandfather. And something not seen before.

Courtesy of FindMyPast
I so wish Mum had been here to see this little discovery about her Dad. Today I miss her even more.

A similar post has been published by me at The In Memory of Quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment